Sunday, July 24, 2011

resting.

Jesus, I am resting, resting, in the joy of what Thou art;
I am finding out the greatness of Thy loving heart.
Though has bid me gaze upon Thee,
And Thy beauty fills my soul,
For Thy transforming power, Thou hast made me whole.

O, how great Thy loving kindness,
Vaster, broader than the sea!
O, how marvelous Thy goodness, lavished all on me!
Yes, I rest I Thee, Beloved,
Know what wealth of grace is Thine,
Know Thy certainty of promise, and have made it mine.

Simply trusting Thee, Lord Jesus,
I behold Thee as though art,
Ad Thy love so pure, so changeless, satisfies my heart.
Satisfies my deepest longing,
Meets, supplies its every need,
And surrounds me with its blessing: Thine is love indeed!

Ever lift thy face upon me as I work and wait for Thee;
Resting ‘neath thy smile, Lord Jesus,
Earth’s dark shadows fell.
Brightness of my Father’s glory,
Sunshine of my Father’s face,
Keep me ever trusting, resting, fill me with Thy grace.

No comments: