Thursday, August 5, 2010

dream it, do it.

I am home. Resting in my own bed, sleeping more than six hours a night, and delighting in streets not crammed with tourists or hotels rampaged by high schoolers.

'Twas a great summer. I met some fantastic people, visited the beach a few times, learned a few things about time management . I think I understand middle school students a little better, can pretty much show you the whale trainer signals, and learned to love Chick-Fil-A.

And now I am home, or, another in-between. Stoked to make the move to the District in less than a month.

In the meantime,

I am addicted to coffee. Especially rich coffee served with these.

Still have a weird thing for bird-inspired art. How about this beautiful bird necklace?

Jill Thomas' photography makes me wish I was cool enough to own a Polaroid Camera.

I can't get over a recent pull toward adoption. Christianity Today's article nailed it.

Beautiful Bookshelves. Yes, please.

Cheers.

2 comments:

Kate Roberts said...

mmmm... scones!

second you on the adoption thing,

and also, I am just so proud that you made it through those crazy weeks and learned so much! You're life is just so beautiful!

Kimberly said...

Here's an idea:

Get a gold chain and thread it through a chic-fil-a chicken sandwich.