Monday, February 23, 2009

to be able to breathe again.

Yesterday, my dog jumped on my bed and watched as I typed a paper on my laptop. I promise. She was concentrating as hard as I was, and when I looked at her, she stared right back.

She's so cool.

The dog is never allowed on my bed, or any other piece of furniture in the house. But, I miss her dearly while I am at school, so I allowed her to cuddle-- on the condition that she didn't touch any of my pillows. Dog slobber is disgusting, and I just can't handle it on my pillows.

I was so content to just sit and type and watch her fall asleep. I love the moments in life when everything appears to be on pause, and the only thing that seems out of the ordinary is the sound of breathing...or the droopiness of a dog's eyelids.

I do love being around people, but I love being alone with my thoughts, with my dog, and with God. To just be is a beautiful thing.

No comments: